Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Intro - Part II

So this brings me back to present time. I have been putting this off and putting this off. I need to do this and prove to myself and to my family that I can do this. I know its not going to be a walk in the park. But I know that physically, I can do this. I did it for a year in North Texas. In the HOT, HUMID Texas air. I fought grass fires on the front lines. Rode on the front of brush trucks, bunker gear, helmet. I did not die. I never passed out. I was a different person on the front of the trucks, never thought about the heat, or my asthma or all the toxins I was breathing in. I have my goals set and my plan of attack. More on that tomorrow. My dream department to work for would be the Houston Fire Department. I lived in Houston as a kid. I love Houston. Moved back for a bit when I got older. Hope to get hired there someday. Not that I wouldn't work somewhere else, but if I get to pick, its Houston.

No comments: